using vestris starting from aspnet

Aug 17, 2009 at 7:33 PM

When I run the application starting from the browser I obtain this error “Cannot connect to the virtual machine” but I run the application from visual studio works fine, that’s to say, the virtual machine power on.

Cannot connect to the virtual machine

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareException: Cannot connect to the virtual machine

Source Error:

Line 29:

Line 30: // power on this virtual machine

Line 31: virtualMachine.PowerOn(Constants.VIX_VMPOWEROP_NORMAL /*| Constants.VIX_VMPOWEROP_LAUNCH_GUI*/, 180);

Line 32:

Line 33: // login to the virtual machine

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VixWebApplication\VixWebApplication\Default.aspx.cs Line: 31

Stack Trace:

[VMWareException: Cannot connect to the virtual machine]

Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareInterop.Check(UInt64 errCode) +66

Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareJob.Wait(Int32 timeoutInSeconds) +47

Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareVirtualMachine.PowerOn(Int32 powerOnOptions, Int32 timeoutInSeconds) +78

VixWebApplication._Default.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VixWebApplication\VixWebApplication\Default.aspx.cs:31

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint

Aug 17, 2009 at 7:44 PM

When I run the application starting from the browser I obtain this error “Cannot connect to the virtual machine” but I run the application from visual studio works fine, that’s to say, the virtual machine power on.

Cannot connect to the virtual machine

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareException: Cannot connect to the virtual machine

Source Error:

Line 29:

Line 30: // power on this virtual machine

Line 31: virtualMachine.PowerOn(Constants.VIX_VMPOWEROP_NORMAL /*| Constants.VIX_VMPOWEROP_LAUNCH_GUI*/, 180);

Line 32:

Line 33: // login to the virtual machine

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VixWebApplication\VixWebApplication\Default.aspx.cs Line: 31

Stack Trace:

[VMWareException: Cannot connect to the virtual machine]

Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareInterop.Check(UInt64 errCode) +66

Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareJob.Wait(Int32 timeoutInSeconds) +47

Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareVirtualMachine.PowerOn(Int32 powerOnOptions, Int32 timeoutInSeconds) +78

VixWebApplication._Default.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VixWebApplication\VixWebApplication\Default.aspx.cs:31

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (vmwaretasks@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email vmwaretasks@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2009 at 7:59 PM

The error is exactly what it says: connection is failing - ie. the connection cannot reach the destination host. ASP.NET service is running under different credentials, so you probably don't have permissions to do this operation or a firewall in between. This was discussed here. I won't be of much help, VMWare Communities is the right place to ask how to get an ASP.NET application to connect to a VMWare host.