Are you using VMWareTasks?

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM
If you're using VMWareTasks, please spend a minute replying to this thread.

* What's the name and website of your company?
* What product(s) are using VMWareTasks?
* How are you using VMWareTasks?

Please share as much details as you want/can.
Mar 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM
Website: www.sync-io.net (web server will be back up early April 2009)

Products: VIX Virtuozo Suite used to backup virtual machines on VMware Server 2.0 (http://communities.vmware.com//thread/191565?tstart=0)

Usage: I am utilizing VMWareTasks to communicate with each VMWare Server 2.0 host, perform power operations on VMs, creating and deleting snapshots.
Mar 25, 2009 at 3:59 PM
Iris Data Services: www.irisds.com

Products: VMWare Virtual Center, ESX 3.5

Usage: Utilizing VMWare Tasks for a custom provisioning solution. After using VIX API to deploy a VM from a template, we use VMWare Tasks to execute commands in guest OS to customize the network and application settings.
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Application Security Inc: www.appsecinc.com
Products: RemoteInstaller
Usage: Utilizing VMWare Tasks for custom remote unit test driver, which tests installers in multiple sequences and remotes unit tests for each installation.
Jun 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM

PreEmptive Solutions, LLC: http://preemptive.com/

Products: Dotfuscator

Usage: Automated build testing system.

Jun 15, 2009 at 1:32 PM

McAfee -  http://www.mcafee.com

Usage: Using VMWare Tasks to control the running of automated build sanity checks on VMWare ESXi server.

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Symantec Corp.

VMware Workstation and ESX 3.5

Using VMwareTasks for command line vm manager to use with SilkTest automation.

Thanks for providing these libraries. Saved me a lot of time and makes things so much easier! Keep up the great work. It's much appreciated.

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:20 AM
Edited Jul 22, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Infor Global Solutions

VMware Workstation and ESX 3.5

Automated System for starting/stopping/cloning/deleting Virtual Machines, used with a support/qa system testing and deployment of database applications on them.

The libraries have worked great, they are much appreciated!

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Milliman Care Guidelines - www.careguidelines.com

VMWare ESX 3.5 (possibly vSphere 4.0/virtual center later)

Usage: I'm mostly using this because there is a bug in VMWare's vmrun.exe tool where you can't revert a snapshot on ESX. Very important for automated build testing.

May 25, 2010 at 8:07 PM

ESXi 4.0 planning to use it for automated backups with no snapshots. Also to use it for possibly running scripts in case of power outages. nice tool, thank you very much!

Jun 17, 2010 at 2:30 AM

Just wanted to update my previous post, to say the code has worked extremely well.

Since the system began in early Sept2009 the system supports 46 users and they have issued over 11k virtual machine commands with the system. That is approximately 50 actions a day.