Timeout using VMWare Tasks

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:51 PM
Edited Feb 18, 2009 at 5:59 PM
First of all, thank you to the author of this wrapper, it's much nicer then the one i wrote to wrap up the VIX COM.

The problem:
When using VMWareTasks i get a timeout when trying to open a VM which is powered on (in workstation). If i open a VM which is powered off it works ok, but then PowerOn will timeout.

Additional Info: I had to update to the latest VIX API (1.6.2) in order to use this library, then also upgraded to workstation 6.5.1 because VMWare tasks failed to connect to the virtual host.

Any ideas?

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2009 at 3:16 PM
I tried this on my test system without any problem. I can power on twice a powered on VM, close and open it, etc. Are you using any particular flags with the VM?

Next thing to do is to get the source code for VMWareTasks, build it and run the unit tests (NUnit) against your test virtual machine. You'll find an app.config that has configuration details for VMWare Workstation and VI ESX, change it to point to your environment. Then run the tests, if something fails that clearly we have a different in setup and maybe there's a bug that I am just not seeing. We can move from there.