vestris vmwarelib on Linux

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I was trying to get the vestris vmwarelib to run on linux using mono and I got the following trace. 

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.__ComObject.CoCreateInstance (System.Guid,intptr,uint,System.Guid,intptr&) <0x00081>  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.__ComObject.CoCreateInstance (System.Guid,intptr,uint,System.Guid,intptr&) <0x00081>  at System.__ComObject.Initialize (System.Type) <0x000e4>  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.__ComObject.Initialize (System.Type) <0x00076>  at Mono.Interop.ComInteropProxy.CreateProxy (System.Type) <0x0004a>  at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.CreateClientProxyForComInterop (System.Type) <0x0000c>  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateProxyForType (System.Type) <0x0007f>  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_object_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0x0007f>  at (wrapper managed-to-native) object.__icall_wrapper_mono_object_new_specific (intptr) <0x00049>  at (wrapper managed-to-native) object.__icall_wrapper_mono_object_new_specific (intptr) <0x00049>  at Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareVirtualHost.Connect (Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareVirtualHost/ServiceProviderType,string,int,string,string,int) <0x00057>  at Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareVirtualHost.ConnectToVMWarePlayer (int) <0x0002f>  at Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareVirtualHost.ConnectToVMWarePlayer () <0x00023>  at Ventris.Program.Main (string[]) <0x0004b>  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0x0007b>

Am I missing something here? Any help is appreciated. 

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2011 at 11:35 AM

VMWareTasks requires VMWare VixCOM, which is a native COM component which doesn't run on Linux.