VMWare Player 3.1 (The specified version was not found)

Jun 8, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I can't figure out what to fix to make API work with player 3.1

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2010 at 8:58 PM

VixCOM 1.8.0 supports player 3.x from what I understand. So VMWareTasks 1.4 should work. To connect, call VMWareVirtualHost.ConnectToVMWarePlayer() method.

 

 

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Sorry, I have not provided details.

My application works fine with Player 3.0, ESXi4.0 and some Workstation 7 version.

But it fails with new Player 3.1 - I get "The specified version was not found".

 

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2010 at 12:36 AM

What version of VixCOM do you have installed? I bet you need something newer - this is a good question for VixCOM Discussions. I would try 1.10 beta before I ask though, it should work fine with VMWareTasks.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Thanks.

I used 1.8.1 because I was misleaded by the error http://communities.vmware.com/thread/271637

Now I have tried 1.10 beta also with no success. I have created a question http://communities.vmware.com/thread/271639

Jun 14, 2010 at 11:10 PM

I had the same problem this past weekend.  I added the following line into the vixwrapper-config.txt file found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware VIX" for 64-bit host and "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VIX" for 32-bit host:

player   9  vmdb  3.1.0 Workstation-7.0.0

Place this line in the # Workstation 7.0.0 heading, just below the line:

player   9  vmdb  3.0.0 Workstation-7.0.0